Job Title: Chief Operating Officer, Western Surgical Group
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: Human Resources, Credentialing, Billing Supervisor
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Summary: This executive management position is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the overall business operations for the medical group. Participates in the development and implementation of the practice’s mission, vision and values.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Oversees the daily operations of the group practice.
2. Assists chief executive officer in developing and implementing the business plan along with the strategic plan.
3. Participates in development of strategic plans, governance structure and objectives for practice management.
4. Participates, oversees, interprets and recommends changes to all business operational policies and procedures.
5. Resolves all problems related to staffing, utilization of facilities, equipment and supplies.
6. Represents clinic and interacts with regulatory agencies, insurance carriers, and other professional and community groups.
7. Negotiates with managed care plans and ensures the clinic's long-term financial stability.
8. Participates in the evolution and refinement of quality improvement processes.
9. Maintains compliance with governmental regulations and industry requirements.
10. Enhances operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment and high-quality patient care.
11. Participates in recruitment and retention of professional and nonprofessional staff.
12. Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotion, and disciplinary actions.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Participates in professional development activities to keep current with trends and practices in health care administration (conferences, journals).
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or finance preferred.
Experience: Five to ten years of experience in a medical group as a department manager over billing and collections and/or at the senior-management level.
Other Requirements: Proficiency in computer related skills, Excel and Word. Ability to work with limited supervision, possess strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills and the ability to perform well in stressful situations.
1. Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures to manage operations and ensure effective patient care.
2. Knowledge of the principles and practices of health care administration, fiscal management, human resource management, government regulations, compliance requirements and reimbursements, billing and collection practices.
3. Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
1. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, and discretion.
2. Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
3. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
4. Skill in planning, organizing, and prioritizing work; delegating and achieving goals and objectives.
5. Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, interpreting, and implementing departmental policies and procedures.
6. Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
7. Skill in developing comprehensive reports.
1. Ability to effectively lead in a changing environment.
2. Ability to plan, organize, and integrate priorities and deadlines.
3. Ability to create an atmosphere that encourages motivation, innovation, and high performance.
4. Ability to identify, analyze, and interpret complex data and, resolve operational problems.
5. Ability to evaluate and make recommendations for continuous quality improvement.
6. Ability to anticipate and react calmly in emergency situations.
7. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
8. Ability to competently use Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and appropriate practice management software.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones and calculator.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lighted office environment. May be exposed to contagious diseases and other patient-related conditions. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Physical Requirements: Must possess the physical and mental abilities to perform the tasks normally associated with the Chief Operating Officer with involves 90 percent sitting and 10 percent walking, standing, lifting and stooping. Works under stress.
Salary Range: TBD
Please forward resumes to: email@example.comPosted 08/15/2019