The Director of Operations (DOO) reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer (COO), with a dotted line to the CEO for regional strategic initiatives. The DOO develops and maintains a working knowledge of the assigned region’s healthcare market. The DOO is responsible for implementing the short and long-term strategic plans that cover operational, clinical, and financial performance that supports the growth of NVHC. The DOO implements and administers overall operational initiatives to create value and strategic advantage throughout the assigned region to ensure that patient volume, practice site efficiencies, compliance, and employee and patient satisfaction objectives are met. The DOO is responsible for managing the leadership and operational aspects within the assigned region and works in collaboration with other DOOs and the COO to achieve the organization’s revenue and expense objectives as compared to budget and the strategic plan. The DOO ensures compliance and adherence to all aspects of corporate ethics and corporate compliance including all regulatory, credentialing, and licensing requirements within the assigned region.
Directs and coordinates functions and clinical activities of all clinical care services in the network, to include Nurses, Medical and Dental Assistants. Collaborates with the Chief Medical Officer and COO in developing and delivering quality health care services. Consults with and advises Operations Management on the general operation of the clinics. Organizes nursing and clinical departments according to administrative and nursing service guidelines; ensures compliance with legal, organizational, and EBG standards. Has authority and responsibility for establishing and directing staff to meet the Standards of Clinical Practice. Responsible for the clinical operations and financial matters related to all nursing and clinical care areas and functions.
Desired Education or Certifications Criteria
Master’s Degree in Business, Health Care Management or related field and at least five years of experience in a medical leadership environment is required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of federally qualified health centers/community health centers operations
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations and grant applications and requirements
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and ability to read & analyze financial reports
- Knowledge of best practices in the implementation and application of an Electronic Medical Record in the medical practice environment
- Knowledge in development of contracts and Memorandum of Understanding/Agreements;
- Knowledge of employee safety, health and OSHA requirements; quality control compliance
- Knowledge of Nevada State Nurse Practice Ave and applicable Nevada Revised Statutes and Nevada Administrative Code
- Knowledge of clinical policies and procedures, standards and regulations, ability to analyze problems and make decisions in line with NCQA standards, state and federal regulations.
- Skill in operating personal computer utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, databases & e-mail
- Skill in operating various office equipment, such as adding machine, calculator, copy machine, facsimile machine, postage scale, and telephone system
- Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to perform public relations and public speaking in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Ability to work with, lead, and supervise others
- Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet appropriate timelines/deadlines
- Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
- Ability to maintain a drivers license and ability to travel distances for multiple days
- Ability to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions
- Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and to enhance teamwork in the clinics and overall NVHC's organization
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to understand and respond appropriately, effectively and sensitively to special population groups as defined by race, ethnicity, language, age, sex, etc.
- Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
- Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
- Experience with multi-site supervision of nonprofit organization and ability to travel without constraints
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc)
- Experience in community relations and human resources a plus